They painted beautiful stones to decorate the children's flower garden.
What can we say - kids just love the market!
What's up doc??? While popsicles are a favorite at our market this little lady is happy as ever with her carrot!
Our produce vendors are offering picture perfect veggies - what are you making with your market purchases?
Today I'm sharing a great market menu featuring numerous market vendors. The menu includes a grilled veal flank steak from Red Haven - no special marinades for this meat - the flavor is so delicate all it needs is a sprinkling of salt and pepper before hitting the grill. And that's a Maple Bacon "cupcake" from Dia Doce - yum - savory / sweet cupcakes!
And the veggie medley is adapted from a Peruvian Sarsa Salad recipe from Cooking Light:
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion from Maysie's Farm
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes from Taproot Farm
- 1/2 cup frozen lima beans, thawed from Blueberry Hill Farm
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese from Highland Farm
- 1/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers from Blueberry Hill Farm
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint from my garden
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro my garden
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine lemon juice and the remaining ingredients; stir with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss gently to combine.
Did you cook up something fantastic with your market purchases - send us the menu and the recipes - we'd love to feature you!